Orange Texas Cracker
Background on Plant
The plant began in 2017 under the ownership of DuPont at a capacity of 680,000 tonnes/year.  After Dow and DuPont merged to become DowDuPont the companies subsequently broke up and the new Dow obtained ownership of the cracker plant. In 2020, Dow completed a 91,000 tonne/year expansion to the plant raising its capacity to 771,000 tonnes/year.. During the 2021 Texas Ice Storm, the plant was one of many forced to stop operations. According to Everchem, a sales and marketing company focused on urethane production, the plant had resumed operation on or before March 5th, 2021.
- Sponsor:Dow 
- Parent Company:
- Location: Orange, TX, USA.
- Location Accuracy:
- Coordinates: 30.0539792,-93.7545079
- Status: Operation 
- Capacity: 771,000 tons/year
- Start date:2017 
Articles and resources
- EIA Layer Information for interactive State Maps -- Ethylene Crackers updated 1/13/2020 Accessed May 20, 2021
- ICIS - Dupont Joins New US Cracker Wave Accessed June 4, 2021.
- Dow aims to complete Texas cracker expansion in Q1 2020 Accessed June 4th, 2021.
- Plant status: Dow's US Orange cracker, PE plant shut due to winter storm Accessed June 4, 2021.
- Today's Petrochemical Update March 5th, 2021 Accessed June 4th, 2021.
- DuPont's Orange, Texas, steam cracker flaring amid startup: filing Accessed June 4, 2021.