PPG Natrium Plant
PPG Natrium Power Plant was a 123.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by Axiall Industries near Proctor, West Virginia. The plant supplied power for PPG's (now Axiall) chemical plant which produces a range of products including caustic soda.
- Owner: Axiall Industries
- Parent Company: Westlake Chemicals
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 123.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 3: 7.5 MW (1943), Unit 4: 7.5 MW (1943), Unit 6: 26.0 MW (1954), Unit 7: 82.0 MW (1966)
- Location: Route 2, Proctor, WV 26055
- GPS Coordinates: 39.749389, -80.854778
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements: Unit 3 retired in September 2018. Units 4, 6 and 7 were converted to natural gas in 2015/2016.
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,308,966 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.