Pacífico Acajutla power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Pacífico Acajutla power station (Termoeléctrica Pacífico Acajutla) is 378-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station, under construction in Sonsonate department, El Salvador.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Port of Acajutla, Sonsonate department, El Salvador.
- Sponsor: EDP (Energía del Pacífico)
- Parent company: Invenergy LLC
- Location: Port of Acajutla, Sonsonate, El Salvador
- Coordinates: 13.5834, -89.8281 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 378 MW
In December 2019, Energía del Pacífico completed the project financing with approximately $1 billion in foreign direct investment to pay for the three components of the plant. Construction for the Pacífico Acajutla Power Station includes the natural gas-fired power plant, and FSRU, and a 44 km electric transmission line to connect with the Central American electrical grid. Energia del Pacifico signed a long-term LNG supply agreement with Shell.
As of May 2021, the BW Tatiana LNG carrier is being converted into an FSRU with funding from Invenergy and BW LNG. Funding for the FSRU transformation was secured in May 2021 for $128.3 million. The FSRU portion of the Pacífico Acajutla Power Station will have 280 MMcf/day of regasification capacity and 137,000 cubic meters of LNG storage capacity.
Articles and Resources
- "Acajutla LNG Power Plant, Acajutla, El Salvador". NS Energy Business. Archived from the original on May 4, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Energía del Pacífico Closes Financing on Largest Ever Foreign Direct Investment in El Salvador". Invenergy. December 23, 2019. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Home". Energia del Pacifico. Archived from the original on February 26, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Energía del Pacífico closes El Salvador LNG-to-Power project financing - Offshore Energy". Offshore Energy. 2019-12-24. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- Quickdev. "Energía del Pacifico". www.energiadelpacifico.com (in español). Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Invenergy, BW LNG partner, secure financing for first FSRU in Central America | S&P Global Platts". www.spglobal.com. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "StackPath". www.offshore-mag.com. Retrieved 2021-06-23.