Palangkaraya power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Palangkaraya power station is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Central Kalimantan Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the location of Rakumpit District, the approximate location where the plant would be located, in Palangkaraya City, Central Kalimantan (Kalimantan Tengah) Province.
Background on Plant
In August 2010, PLN announced plans to build a two-unit, 200-MW coal-fired power plant in Palangkaraya. As of October 2012, the project was stalled due to a lack of interest from investors. In December 2012, the mayor of Palangkaraya reiterated his support for the project. Coal for the plant would come from coal mines in the surrounding area.
The project is not on PLN's 2013-22 ten-year plan, however. It would appear that this project has been cancelled.
In May 2017 PT Kelapa Gading Jaya Perkasa, a residential developer of PT China Electric Power Construction Ltd, announced that it is interested in building a 2 X 150MW steam power plant in Palangkaraya. HM Asera, Vice Chairman of Commission B of Central Kalimantan Parliament, said a request has been submitted to the Governor of Central Kalimantan for approval. The RUPTL for 2017-2026 does not contain any plants in Palangkaraya. As of June 2021 there has been no further news about this project and it appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: PT Kalapa Gading Jaya Perkasa
- Parent company: PT China Electric Power Construction Ltd.
- Location: Rakumpit District, Palangkaraya City, Central Kalimantan (Kalimantan Tengah) Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -1.769, 113.654 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 300 MW (2 units x 150 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- PLN Kalteng Bangun PLTU di Palangkaraya, Suara Public blog, Aug. 2010.
- Palangkaraya Perlu Cari Investor Bangun PLTU, Banua Archipelago, 30 Oct. 2012.
- Pemko Palangkaraya Gandeng PLN Bangun PLTU, Energi Group website, 14 Dec. 2012.
- “PLN Long Term Electricity Plan (2013-2023),” presentation by Moch. Sofyan, Head of New & Renewable Division of PT PLN (Persero), 06 March 2014
- Investor China Siap Bangun PLTU 2x150 MW di Palangkaraya Banjarmasin Post, May 14, 2017.