Pavlodar-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Kazakhstan and coal.|
The map below shows the location of the power station in Pavlodar, Pavlodar Region, Kazakhstan.
The plant has undergone several upgrading efforts. In 2007, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development provided EUR 30 million to fund purchase and installation of a new turbo-generator. Recent modernization efforts have increased the power station's original capacity. For example, in 2014, the capacity of turbine No. 5 increased by 20 MW, from 110 MW to 130 MW.
In 2018, reconstruction of the unit No. 6 turbine was completed, increasing the unit's capacity to 125 MW and the station's total installed capacity to 555 MW.
In March 2021, the existing ash dump was filled to capacity and the construction of a new site for the disposal of industrial waste was urgently underway.
- Sponsor: Pavlodarenergo JSC
- Parent company: Central Asian Electric Power Corporation
- Location: Pavlodar, Pavlodar Region, Kazakhstan
- Coordinates: 52.3666, 76.9345 (exact)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 550 MW
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 60 MW (start-up in 1972)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 1973)
- Unit 5: Coal-fired subcritical, 110 MW (start-up in 1976); + 20 MW in 2014
- Unit 4R: Coal-fired subcritical, 110 MW (start-up in 2015)
- Unit 6R: Coal-fired subcritical, 110 MW (start-up in 2015); + 15 MW in 2018
- (+ 75 MW from reconstruction, date or specific unit(s) unknown)
Articles and Resources
- "Pavlodar CHP-3 Power Plant Kazakhstan," Global Energy Observatory, last updated April 15, 2021
- "Установленная мощность Павлодарской ТЭЦ-3 увеличилась до 555 МВт," TengriNews, November 7, 2018
- "About Company," Pavlodarenergo JSC, accessed June 14, 2021
- "History," Pavlodarenergo JSC, accessed June 14, 2021
- Pavlodar Energo, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Nov. 6, 2007
- "Павлодарская ТЭЦ-3 увеличила электрическую мощность," Pavlodarenergo, December 5, 2014
- "Павлодарская ТЭЦ-3 может остановиться," 24 kz, March 10, 2021