Payra LNG power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Payra LNG power station is a proposed 3,600-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant at Payra Port in Barisal Division, Bangladesh.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Kalapara Upazila - Patuakhali District, Barisal Division, Bangladesh.
A memorandum of understanding between Bangladesh Power Division and Siemens to build the plant was signed in November 2017.
Initially expected to start running in 2020, construction has slowed down enough that a steering group was formed with representatives from the NWPGCL and Siemens to speed up the project. In addition, a land-based liquefied natural gas terminal will be built to supply fuel for the power plant.
- Sponsor: North-West Power Generation Company Ltd
- Parent company: Bangladesh Power Division
- Location: Payra Port, Kalapara Upazila - Patuakhali District, Barisal Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 21.999205, 90.305597 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 3,600 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-3: 1,200 MW per unit (to start 2023-2024)
Articles and Resources