Pekanbaru Tenayan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Pekanbaru Tenayan power station is a 220-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Riau Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the plant, in Tenayan Raya District, Pekanbaru City, Riau Province.
Background on Plant
PLN is currently building a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 220 MW in Riau Province. Land acquisition was a serious problem for the project, and delayed construction significantly, as well as delaying the plant's operation while land acquisition was completed to build transmission towers.
As of January 2015, the plant was 90% complete, and was scheduled to come online in June 2015. On April 16, a 14-member group known as Commission VII of Parliament and a group led by Ir. H. Mulyadi held a Specification Working Visit to the project to make inquiries about the delay of the plant. According to a report on the meeting, Director of PLN LJB Amir said that the main obstacle to the plant operating is that transmission capabilities are still not complete. Another cause of delay was the peat soil at the construction site. According to Amir, the first unit of 100 MW could be operational in December 2015 if transmission issues were resolved.
Unit 2 was scheduled for completion in June 2016.
Unit 1 began commercial operation on December 8, 2016. Unit 2 was scheduled to begin operation in March 2017.
The 2 x 100 MW project will cost Rp2.65 trillion.
In 2009, the Export-Import Bank of China agreed to provide a loan of US$124 million to the project.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Pesero
- Location: Tenayan Raya District, Pekanbaru City, Riau Province, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.56437, 101.52345 (exact)
- Status: Unit 1: Operating (2015), Unit 2: Operating (2016)
- Gross Capacity: 220 MW (Units 1 & 2: 110 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: December 2016 (Unit 1), March 2017 (Unit 2)
- Coal Type: 3,800 - 4,700 kcal (lignite and subbituminous)
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$124 million in debt from the Export-Import Bank of China
Articles and resources
- Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Uap Tenayan Raya, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2015.
- “Electricity Policy Development & Investment Opportunity in Indonesia,” presentation by Ministry Energy and Mineral Resources, Directorate General of Electricity, March 2014
- PLN Riau Akui Proyek PLTU Tenayan Blunder, PLN press release, 12 Aug. 2011.
- PLTU Tenayan Raya Masih Terkendala Pembebasan Lahan Tower Transmisi, Province of Riau website, 22 July 2014.
- Pembangunan Molor, PLTU Tenayan Baru Beroperasi Juni 2015, Republika, 12 Jan. 2015.
- "Ir. H. Mulyadi Dorong Penyelesaian PLTU Tenayan Raya Pekanbaru Sebelum Akhir Tahun 2015," Parlemen, 2 May 2015
- "Akhir Tahun, PLTU Tenayanraya Beroperasi," Riaupos.co, April 17, 2016
- "PLTU Tenayan kicks off commercial operation," RambuEnergy, 19 December 2016
- "Supplementary Online Material: List of projects to which China has provided public financing (2007-2013)" (PDF). Retrieved November 9, 2020.