Penglai LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Penglai LNG Terminal (宝塔石化蓬莱LNG接收站) is a proposed LNG import terminal in Shandong, China.
- Owner: Ningxia Baota Chemical Group
- Location: Penglai, Yantai, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.782272, 120.615877 (exact)
- Capacity: 2.8 mtpa, 0.4 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Shelved
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2020
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Penglai LNG Terminal is a proposed 2.6 mtpa LNG import terminal in Shandong, China. The project is proposed by Ningxia Baota Chemical Group. Construction is planned for 2018 and operation for 2020. 
In April 2021, Yantai City government released the city's 14th Five-Year Plan on Communication infrastructure development, in which the city proposed 5 LNG terminal projects. Penglai LNG Terminal project was labeled as "Reserve project", which would only start preliminary work according to the demand situation during the "14th Five-Year Plan" period.
Articles and resources
- Shandong Penglai LNG receiving station project feasibility study report will be held in Xiamen, Nxbtsh.com, 12 June 2017
- 【天然气】宝塔山东蓬莱LNG接收站项目陆上方案研讨会在京召开！ 来源:中国石油石化研究会技装委, 作者:华气能源猎头, 08/03/2018
- "烟台市规划建设5个LNG接收站配套码头 保障天然气供应_中国山东网". yantai.sdchina.com. 2021-04-14. Retrieved 2021-04-20.