Peterborough power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Peterborough power station is a 245-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Cambridgeshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire County, United Kingdom.
Peterborough was originally commissioned as a combined-cycle unit with a capacity of 360 MW.
In 2018 the plant converted to open-cycle mode and reduced its capacity to 245 MW.
In 2018 Centrica also completed the construction of an additional 50 MW gas-fired engine block at the site.
- Sponsor: Centrica Plc
- Parent company: Centrica plc
- Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.5769, -0.2040 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 245 MW
Articles and Resources
- Case Studies: Peterborough power station, Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services, accessed Apr 14, 2021
- Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics (DUKES) 2020: main chapters and annexes A to D, United Kingdom National Statistics, Jul 30, 2020
- Centrica completes two 50MW fast-response plants in Brigg and Peterborough, Centrica, Oct 8, 2018
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Centrica Wikipedia, accessed December 2019
- Global Energy Observatory ID 4764, accessed January 2020