Philippine Iron and Steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Philippine Iron and Steel is a proposed steel plant in Misamis Oriental, Mindanao, Philippines.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed steel plant in Misamis Oriental, Mindanao, Philippines.
- Private/State ownership: mixture (Philippine Government, Hebei Province State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission)
- Parent company: SteelAsia, Hesteel Group Co. Ltd., Huili Investment Fund Management Co. Ltd.
- Owner: SteelAsia Manufacturing, Hebei Iron and Steel (HBIS), Huili Investment Fund Management Co. Ltd.
- Location: Misamis Oriental, Mindanao, Philippines
- GPS Coordinates: 8.586459, 124.789691 (approximate)
- Plant status: proposed
- Start year: unknown
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot-rolled oil, slab
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: coking plant; sinter plant; pelletizing plant; blast furnace (BF) (# unknown); basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity 2020, OECD, 2020
- Company History, SteelAsia, Retrieved on: Dec. 11, 2020
- Hegang Group Co., Ltd. (Chinese), QCC, Retrieved on: Dec. 11, 2020
- China's HBIS to invest in $4.4 billion steel project in Philippines, Reuters Staff, Dec. 17, 2018, Retrieved on: Dec. 11, 2020