Pingdingshan Luyang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Pingdingshan Luyang power station (中电投平顶山鲁阳发电厂) is a 2,060-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Henan Province, China. An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Lushan County, Pingdingshan Prefecture, Henan Province.
Background on Plant
In 2014 CPI was seeking environmental clearance for two new units of 1,000 MW each at the power station.
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Henan. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: CPI Henan Electric Power Co
- Parent company: State Power Investment Corporation
- Location: Lushan County, Pingdingshan Prefecture, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 33.82189, 113.01438 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Cancelled (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,060 MW (Units 1-2: 1,030 MW, Units 3-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- In service: 2010 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "公司副总经理胡修奎参加中电投2号机组投产暨河南省发电装机突破5000万千瓦庆典仪式", 东方电气集团东方锅炉股份有限公司新闻资讯, 2010-12-22
- "中电投平顶山鲁阳电厂2×1000兆瓦机组工程1号机组顺利通过168小时试运行", 国网河南电科院, 2010-12-1
- "中电投平顶山鲁阳电厂二期2×1000MW机组扩建工程环评第一次公示," Lushan County Government, 2014-08-25
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.