Pingdingshan Ruiping power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Pingdingshan Ruiping power station (中国平煤神马集团瑞平发电厂, also known as 德平热电) is a 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Ruzhou, Pingdingshan, Henan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Ruzhou, Pingdingshan, Henan Province, China.
The coal-fired Pingdingshan Ruiping power station was commissioned in 2007, with the National Development and Reform Commission approving the project in 2008. The plant receives coal from the nearby Pingdingshan coal mine, which is also owned by the Pingmei Shenma Group. About 20% of the power plant's generated electricity is supplied directly to the Henan Pingyu Coal and Electricity Company; the rest is sent to the grid.
In 2019, there was a water shortage in Ruzhou City which caused the groundwater level to drop, thus hindered the operation of the plant. At one point the Ruiping station's cooling tower and boiler were in a state of 'serious emergency.' To continue operating, Pingyu Coal and Electricity, working with the municipal government, transferred 11 million cubic meters from Luhun Reservoir, which was also distributed to nearby communities. Operations resumed as normal after that.
In 2020, in line with the environmental measures laid out in the Chinese government's Fifth Plenary Session, the secretary of the Ruiping Power Plant stated that they were looking to strengthen the prerequisites for safety and environmental protection, promote green development, and achieve emission standards. There have been no updates since.
- Sponsor: Henan Pingyu Coal and Electricity Co
- Parent company: China Pingmei Shenma Group
- Location: Ruzhou, Pingdingshan, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.1168, 112.8184 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source: Pingdingshan Coal Mine
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 270 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 135 MW (start-up in 2007)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 135 MW (start-up in 2007)
Articles and Resources
- "河南平顶山市瑞平煤电有限公司热电联产工程项目通过核准---国家能源局". NEA. February 29, 2008. Retrieved 2021-05-26.
- "中国平煤神马能源化工集团有限责任公司". Baidu. Retrieved May 26, 2021.
- China Pingmei Shenma Group (2020). "中国平煤神马能源化工集团有限责任公司 2020 年度第二期短期融资券 (疫情防控债) 募集说明书" (PDF). Retrieved May 26, 2021.
- "姚军柱到纸坊镇、汝南街道调研企业生产经营". Daily News. June 4, 2019. Retrieved 2021-05-26.
- "瑞平电厂深入贯彻党的十九届五中全会精神 奋力开创电厂高质量发展新局面--快报----平煤神马". www.pdskgb.com (in 中文). December 14, 2020. Retrieved 2021-05-26.