Pinggang Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Pinggang Coal Mine is operated by Heilongjiang Longmei Jixi Mining Co., Ltd. and was put into operation in 1972. The mine is a state-owned key coal mine and a high gas mine. The approved production capacity in 2019 was 1.2 million tons/year.
On June 13, 2010, a coal and gas outburst accident occurred in Pinggang Coal Mine, killing four people.
- Operator: Heilongjiang Longmei Jixi Mining Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Heilongjiang Longmay Mining Holding Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Pinggang Street, Lishu District, Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province
- GPS Coordinates: 45.147424, 130.767855
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 149.3451 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 73.3822 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: 1/3 coking coal (Met)
- Mine Size: 20.50 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1972