Pingshuo Gangue power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Pingshuo Gangue power station (山西国际能源平朔煤矸石发电公司) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Pinglu, Shuozhou, Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Pinglu, Shuozhou, Shanxi Province, China.
The Pingshuo Gangue power station was commissioned in 2004 and 2005 with two units of 50 MW and an initial investment of 714.25 million RMB from the Shanxi International Energy Group, ChinaCoal, and Gemeng International. The Environmental Protection Bureau of Shanxi Province accepted the first phase project in March 2006. The second phase of the project's construction, which involved 2×300MW units, was put into trial operation in August 2009 and June 2009 respectively. The first two units were retired sometime between 2015 and 2020. Units 3 and 4 have a shut-down date scheduled in 2037.
In 2021, the operating company of the plant (under Gemeng International) changed its name from the "China Coal Pingshuo #1 Coal Gangue Power Generation Co., Ltd." officially changed its name to "Sujin Shuozhou Coal Gangue Power Generation Co., Ltd."
In 2014, the Pingshuo Gangue power station operators hired consultants from the China Building Materials Industry Planning and Research Institute to deal with their ash emission overflow. The consultants decreased the cost of ash storage and advised using ash for other construction or domestic power generation projects. In 2015, the company completed the ultra-low emission transformation of its 2×300MW units, adding flue gas desulfurization and dust removal equipment.
- Sponsor: Gemeng International
- Parent company: Shanxi International Energy Group (70%), ChinaCoal (30%)
- Location: Pinglu, Shuozhou, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.4728, 112.3225 (exact)
- Coal type: Waste coal (bituminous)
- Coal source: Unknown
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 600 MW
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2009)
- Unit 4: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2009)
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 100 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 2004)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 2005)
Articles and Resources
- "Pingshuo Gangue Power Station - Wikimapia". Wikimapia. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "山西平朔煤矸石发电有限责任公司". Qixin. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- Polaris Power Network (February 6, 2015). "山西平朔煤矸石发电有限责任公司2015年自行监测方案 - 北极星火力发电网". BJX News. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "中煤平朔第一煤矸石发电有限公司灰渣综合利用方案_咨询案例". China Development Strategy Institute for Building Materials Industry. May 28, 2020. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "清新环境与山西平朔煤矸石发电签署超低排放改造项目合同（附公告） - 北极星火力发电网". BJX News. October 19, 2015. Retrieved 2021-06-04.