Pingzhuang West Surface Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Pingzhuang Town, Yuanbaoshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
Coal Mine Background
The construction of Pingzhuang West Surface Coal Mine started in 1958 and transferred to production in 1965. The open-pit part of the coal mine was completed in December 2016, and the deep resource mining license was obtained in November 2020. The open-pit mining method was officially converted to the underground mining method. The production scale is 1.2 million tons/year, and the mining area is 3.4458 square kilometers. On August 12, 2021, the project start filing was announced.
- Operator: Inner Mongolia Pingzhuang Energy Co., Ltd.
- Owner: National Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Pingzhuang Town, Yuanbaoshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- GPS Coordinates: 42.000041, 119.215836(exact)
- Status: Construction
- Production Capacity: 1.2Mt/a
- Total Resource:
- Minable Reserves: 23.1652Mt/a
- Coal Type: Lignite(Thermal) 
- Mine Size: 3.4458k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2021(anticipated)