Plaquemine Ethane Cracker
From Global Energy Monitor
Plaquemine Cracker is a mixed feed cracker plant within the Dow North America facility in Plaquemine, LA United States. In 2016, Dow added the capacity to its Plaquemine cracker to process ethane in addition to butane and naphtha.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor:Dow Chemical Co.
- Parent Company:
- Location: Plaquemine, LA USA.
- Status: Operating 
- CapacityValue: 225,000 additional capacity since 2016 retrofit 
- CapacityUnit: metric tons/year 
- Start date: 2016 (ethane cracking) 
Articles and resources
- EIA Layer Information for interactive State Maps -- Ethylene Crackers updated 1/13/2020 Accessed May 20, 2021
- Dow Corporate Website Accessed May 27, 2021.