Plathong Field Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Plathong Field Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Thailand.
The pipeline runs from the Gulf of Thailand to the Plathong offshore platform, located 200 km off Thailand's southern coast.
- Parent Company: PTT Public Company Limited
- Current Capacity: 250 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 26 miles / 42 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1984
The pipeline is owned and operated by PTT.
Natural Gas in Thailand
Thailand’s main use of natural gas is in electricity generation. Overall, natural gas plays a large role in Thailand’s energy mix and natural gas is responsible for 39% of Thailand’s primary energy consumption.
Articles and resources
- Natural Gas Transmission System, PTT Public Company Limited, accessed August 2018
- Chevron Announces First Gas from Platong II Project in Gulf of Thailand, Chevron, Oct. 24, 2011
- Gas In Thailand, World Energy Council, accessed August 2018