Pochinki-Anapa Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Pochinki-Anapa Gas Pipeline (Починки - Анапа) (South European East) is a gas pipeline under construction in Russia.
The pipeline starts in Pochinki, Nizhgorod Oblast, Russia and runs to Anapsky District, Krasnodar Krai, Russia.
- Operator: Gazprom
- Length: 1,009.73 miles / 1,625 kilometers
- Capacity: 63.00 bcm/year
- Source: North of Urengoy
- Status: Construction
In July 2019, Gazprom announced that it was resuming construction of its Pochinki-Anapa pipeline, which was cancelled in 2014 after Russia’s annexation of Crimea led to European sanctions on the country.
The Southern Corridor («Южный коридор») project aimed to transport Russian gas through the Black Sea via the South Stream («Южный поток») pipeline, onto the Balkans and finally ending in Austria. The Southern Corridor consists of two segments: the currently operating Pisarevka-Anapa Gas Pipeline and the Pochinki-Anapa gas pipeline. The Pochinki-Anapa pipeline constitutes the eastern route of the Southern Corridor project. The South Stream pipeline was canceled in 2014 after Russia’s annexation of Crimea led to European sanctions on the country. The Pochinki-Anapa pipeline was subsequently shelved in 2015 after the South Stream pipeline’s cancellation and its subsequent replacement by Turkish Stream, which halved the project’s capacity from 63 billion cubic meters to 31.5 billion cubic meters.
Gazprom has started construction of the pipeline and as of 2018, over 500 kilometers of the pipeline have been constructed. In July 2019, Gazprom announced that they intend to complete construction and repurpose the pipeline to supply gas to the internal Russian market. In March 2021, the government review committee has reviewed and approved the design documentation and results of engineering surveys for the construction of another section of the pipeline. The approved design documentation is for the construction of the pipeline section 204.4 km long, running in parallel to the Petrovsk-Frolovo-Izobilnoye Gas Pipeline.
Articles and resources
- "Energy Base," Accessed August 22, 2020
- "Interfax," Accessed August 22, 2020
- "«Южно-Европейский газопровод, участок «Починки-Анапа»". АО Газстройпроект. Retrieved July 29, 2021.
- Gazprom Moves to Complete Pochinki-Anapa Pipeline The Moscow Times, July 22, 2019
- "ГТС Южный коридор. Газпром достроит газопровод Починки-Анапа под нужды внутреннего рынка". Neftegaz.RU. July 21, 2019. Retrieved July 29, 2021.
- "«Газпром проектирование» получило положительное заключение на строительство газопровода на Юге России". Gazprom. March 26, 2021. Retrieved July 29, 2021.
- "Незабытый проект. Одобрена проектная документация на строительство очередного участка МГП Починки - Анапа". Neftegaz.RU. March 26, 2021. Retrieved July 29, 2021.