Point Comfort LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Point Comfort LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Calhoun County, Texas, United States. There have been no development updates in over two years and the project is presumed to be shelved.
- Parent: Lloyds Energy Group
- Location: Point Comfort, Texas, United States
- Coordinates: 28.676111, -96.558889 (approximate)
- Capacity: 9 million tons per year
- Status: Shelved
- Type: Export
- Trains: 2
- Start Year: Unknown
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
The Point Comfort LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Texas, United States. Point Comfort LNG's parent company, Lloyds Energy Group LNG, submitted an application to the US Department of Energy for long-term authorization to export LNG to free trade agreement countries in December of 2016. The company hopes to export up to 9 million tons of LNG per year for up to 25 years.
There have been no development updates in over two years and the project is presumed to be shelved.
Articles and resources
- Lloyds Energy files for FTA LNG export permit, LNG World News, 16 January 2017
- Application for Long-Term Authorization to Export Liquefied Natural Gas to Free Trade Agreement Countries, Lloyds Energy Group LLC, 23 December 2016