Policy Communications Inc., is an energy-industry lobby firm with offices in Colorado and Washington, DC.
"He also heads the Western Business Roundtable organization. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Center for the New American Century and the Center for the New West, both non-profit public policy think tanks", according to a brief biography  he has posted to the website of Partnership for the West, a recent version of a Wise-Use style anti-environmental lobby group.
Anti-environment, pro-energy front groups
Policy Communications Inc., staffs and operates three separate pro-energy, anti-environmental organizations out of its Washington, DC and Colorado business addresses. The groups Policy Communications runs are called Americans for American Energy, Western Business Roundtable and Partnership for America.
Jim Sims, President/CEO
Holly Propst, Senior Vice President
Greg Schnacke, Vice President
Paul Poister, Vice President
Britt Weygandt, Vice President
Cody Stewart, Policy Specialist
Policy Communications only provide a mixed list of some current clients as well as those that the principals in the company have worked for at some time in their consulting career .
As a result care needs to be taken describing the company's clients as many of those listed may never have had a relationship with the company. For example, one six-year-old newsclip from the New York Times on work done for the Made in USA Coalition campaign relates to when one of the Policy Communications principals worked with another PR company, Wincapitol.
- Western Business Roundtable
- Tom Brown, Inc.
- Bill Barrett Corp.
- Western Gas Resources
- Forest Oil
- Prima Energy
- Xcel Energy, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Danaher Corporation
- Calpine Corporation
- ESI Energy, Inc.
- Constellation Energy, Inc.
- Oxbow Power Company
- Magma Power Company
- Premark International, Inc.
- International District Energy Association
- Made in USA Coalition
- Take Pride in America Coalition
- AFL-CIO Union Label & Services Trades Department
- United States Olympic Committee
- American Green Network
- CalEnergy Company, Inc.
- Sustainable Energy Coalition
- American BioEnergy Association
- Geothermal Energy Association
200 Union Boulevard, Suite 105
Lakewood, CO 80228
E-mail: info AT policycom.com
- Bill Berkowitz, "Sheep's Clothing", "Tom Paine" November 3, 2003
- Eric Schmitt, "How A Fierce Backlash Saved The 'Made in USA' Label", "New York Times", December 6, 1997