Pori LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Pori LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Satakunta, Finland.
The map below shows the location of the terminal, in the Port of Tahkoluoto, Pori Municipality, Satakunta Region.
- Owner: Gasum
- Location: Port of Tahkoluoto, Pori Municipality, Satakunta Region, Finland
- Coordinates: 61.63817, 21.39881 (exact)
- Capacity: 0.1 mtpa
- Cost: US$88 million
- Financing: €33,155,400 subsidy from the Finnish state
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2016
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
It was reported in 2014 that the Finnish state awarded a subsidy of €33,155,400 for construction of the terminal.
In October 2018 Gasum increased its ownership of Skangas from 70% to 100%, and Skangas was renamed as Gasum.
Articles and resources
- The LNG Industry: Annual Report 2019 GIIGNL
- Finland grants financial support for three LNG terminals, Offshore Energy, Sep. 18, 2014
- Skangass investment speeds up Pori LNG terminal construction, LNG World News, 30 Sept. 2014.
- Skangas Terminal, Pori, Skangas website, accessed July 2017.
- Skangas LNG Import Terminal, Port of Tahkoluoto, Pori, Finland, Hydrocarbons-technology.com, accessed July 2017.
- LNG company Skangas renamed Gasum, Europétrole, Nov. 26, 2018