Port Arthur (BASF) Ethane Cracker
From Global Energy Monitor
Port Arthur (BASF) Cracker is a cracker plant near Port Arthur, Texas, United States.. The site was originally a naphtha cracker, but was converted in 2013 to process ethane and added a 10th furnace in 2014 to increase production.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor:BASF Fina Petrochemicals 
- Parent Company: BASF Total Petrochemicals LLC is 40% owned by Total and 60% owned by BASF
- Location: Port Arthur, TX, USA.
- Coordinates: 29.957135, -93.890501
- Status: Operation 
- CapacityValue: 1,000,000 
- CapacityUnit: tons/year 
- Start date:2013 
Articles and resources
- EIA Layer Information for interactive State Maps -- Ethylene Crackers updated 1/13/2020 Accessed May 20, 2021
- BASF website page on Port Arthur site Accessed May 26, 2021
- Oil & Gas Journal Accessed May 26, 2021.