Port Arthur (Baystar) Ethane Cracker
From Global Energy Monitor
Port Arthur (Baystar) Ethane Cracker is an ethane cracker plant near Port Arthur, Texas, United States.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: Baystar 
- Parent Company: Total S.A. and Borealis (which is owned 25% by Mubadala and 75% by Australia based OMV) 
- Location: Port Arthur, TX, USA.
- Coordinates: 29.963056,-93.890278
- Status: Construction
- Capacity: 1,000,000 metric tons per year 
- Start date: Proposed start of March 2021 
Articles and resources
- Baystar Projects Accessed May 20, 2021
- Venture of Total, OMV-owned Borealis to start Texas cracker in Q1 2021, PE line in Q1 2022 Accessed May 20th, 2021
- Site Application PDF Baystar website, accessed May 20, 2021
- Total Energy Project Description Accessed May 20th, 2021