Port Lavaca FLNG Terminal
Port Lavaca FLNG Terminal was a proposed floating LNG export terminal in Texas, United States.
- Parent: Excelerate Energy
- Location: Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
- Coordinates: 28.615556, -96.629722 (approximate)
- Capacity: 10 mtpa
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Export
- Start Year: Not applicable
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Port Lavaca FLNG Terminal was a proposed floating LNG export terminal in Texas, United States. The United States Department of Energy granted Excelerate Energy authorization to export LNG to free trade agreement (FTA) nations in 2012. However, according to filings in 2015, Excelerate withdrew all applications and requested the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to terminate all application processes. The project does not meet the company's financial criteria to move forward with capital investment.
Articles and resources
- Port Lavaca Floating Lng Export Terminal Project, A Barrel Full, 24 February 2015
- United States Grants Excelerate Energy Permission to Export LNG, Excelerate Energy, 13 August 2012
- Excelerate scraps Lavaca Bay LNG project, LNG World News, 3 September 2015