Prampram Thermal Power Project
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Prampram Thermal Power Project is a proposed 420-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Greater Accra Region, Ghana.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Prampram, Greater Accra Region, Ghana.
In 2017, Corks Energy announced that Energy China GPEC would be the contractor for the Prampram Thermal Power Project, a 420 MW combined cycle gas-fired power plant. The plant will be built with two (2) GE Frame 9E Gas Turbines (GTs) with two (2) Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) & a Steam Turbine Generator (STG).
- Sponsor: Corks Energy
- Parent company: Corks Energy
- Location: Prampram, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Coordinates: 5.724628, 0.116107 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 420 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 210 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Prampram Thermal Power Project (PTPP) 420MW, Corks Energy website, accessed Dec 17, 2019
- Energy China GPEC Signed the EPC Contract of Ghana Prampram 420MW CCPP Project, Energy China GPEC website, Dec 1, 2017