Prampram power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Miotso - Ningo-Prampram District, Greater Accra Region, Ghana.
In 2014, Santerre Electric Power Company Limited announced that they would build 200 MW Prampram power plant. A website for Santerre Electric Power Co Ltd. (SEPCO) that describes the project was last updated in 2015.
- Sponsor: Santerre Electric Power Co Ltd.
- Parent company: Santerre Ltd.
- Location: Miotso - Ningo-Prampram District, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Coordinates: 5.7562, 0.0831 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 200 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 100 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Independent power plant to be constructed at Prampram, Business World, Aug 29, 2014
- Robert Barnes, Santerre to construct a combined-cycle power plant in Ghana, Construction Review Online, Aug 4, 2014
- SEPCO News Media, SEPCO website, accessed Jan 20, 2020