Priolo Augusta LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Priolo Augusta LNG Terminal was a proposed LNG terminal in Sicily, Italy. The project is presumably cancelled.
The map below shows the location of Augusta, the approximate location of the project, in Syracuse Province, Sicily.
- Owner: Ionio Gas JV
- Parent: Shell
- Location: Augusta, Syracuse Province, Sicily, Italy
- Coordinates: 37.25, 15.216667 (approximate)
- Capacity: 8 billion cubic meters per year (bcm/y)
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Import
- Start Year: Not applicable
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Priolo Augusta LNG Terminal is a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) regasification terminal in Sicily, Italy. Shell and ERG announced their plans to build the project in 2005. It would cost around $500 million.
ERG pulled out of the project in July 2012. In December 2012, Shell announced that it was also pulling out of the project, leaving it with no developer. The regional government had apparently opposed the proposal.
Articles and resources
- Shell, ERG Power plan to develop Sicilian LNG terminal, ICIS, 24 Feb. 2005.
- Priolo Augusta LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017.
- ERG pulls out of LNG regasification terminal development project in Sicily, ERG press release, 30 July 2012.
- Shell withdraws from LNG project in Sicily, Reuters, 2 Nov. 2012.