Profen coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Profen coal mine is operated by MIBRAG, producing 8 million tonnes per annum, near Elsteraue and Profen in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.
The mine provides lignite to the Deuben industrial power station, Industrial power station Wählitz, Schkopau power station.
The satellite photo below shows the area of the mine near Elsteraue and Profen in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany.
The current operator is Mitteldeutsche Braunkohlengesellschaft mbH (MIBRAG), which was privatized in 1994 and has been a subsidiary of EP Energy as since 2012.
- Owner: Mitteldeutsche Braunkohlengesellschaft mbH (MIBRAG)
- Parent company:
- Location: near Elsteraue and Profen in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
- GPS coordinates: 51.144, 12.184 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 1941
- Coal type: lignite
- Mine size: 19 km2
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 7.5 million tons per year
- Equipment: Open cast mining
- Number of employees:
- Retirement Year:2035
- Coal Plant: