Qeshm Steel Development plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Qeshm Steel Development is a steel plant in Qeshm Free Zone, Iran.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Qeshm Free Zone, Iran.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO))
- Parent company: Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO)
- Intermediate subsidiary: Gol Gohar Iron & Steel Development Co., Gol Gohar Mining & Industrial Co., Chadormalu Mining & Industrial Co., Iranian Ghadir Iron & Steel Co., Ghadir International Industries & Mines Development Co., Mofid Industrial & Mining Co., Petro-Mofid Co., Sina Development Co.
- Owner: Qeshm Steel Development Co (QESDCO)
- Location: Qeshm Free Zone, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 26.826494, 55.957708 (approximate)
- Plant status: proposed
- Start year: 2021 (anticipated)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steelmaking process: integrated (DRI)
- Primary steel production equipment: pelletizing plant; direct reduced iron plant (DRI plant); electric arc furnace (EAF) (# unknown)
- Power source: 500 MW power plant
Articles and resources