Qiyuan coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Shouyang County, Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province, China.
Coal Mine Background
On September 24, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission agreed to approve the construction of the Qiyuan Coal Mine Project in Yangquan Mining Area, with the production capacity of 5 million tons/year. This project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval
- Sponsor: Yangquan Coal Industry Group Qiyuan Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Shanxi State-owned Capital Investment Operation Co., Ltd. (59.7834%), China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd. (34.6720%), Shanxi Coking Coal Group Co., Ltd. (5.5446%)
- Location: Shouyang County, Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province, China.
- GPS Coordinates:
- Status: Proposed 
- Production Capacity: 5 Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 100-199
- Coal Field: Qinshui Coal Field
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 653Mt
- Coal Type: Anthracite
- Mine Size: 207.3k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: