Qua Iboe Terminal to Obiafu-Obrikom Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Qua Iboe Terminal to Obiafu-Obrikom Gas Pipeline, also known as QIT-Ob/Ob Gas Pipeline, was a proposed natural gas pipeline, running from Qua Iboe Terminal to the Obiafu-Obrikom gas plant. There have been no development updates since 2017, and the project is assumed to be cancelled.
The pipeline would run from the Qua Iboe terminal, in Akwa Ibom state, to the Obiafu-Obrikom gas plant near Omuku, Rivers state, Nigeria.
- Operator: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
- Parent Company: Government of Nigeria
- Status: Cancelled
- Start Year:
The Qua Iboe Terminal to Obiafu-Obrikom Gas Pipeline will be built by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. As of December 2017, the engineering, procurement, and construction contract negotiation process was ongoing. The pipeline's length, capacity, and completion date are unclear.
As of September 2021, there is no evidence for development on the project since 2017, and it is assumed to be cancelled.
Articles and resources
- New Nigeria pipelines to be funded by transport tariff, World Pipelines, 4 Dec. 2017, accessed Sep. 9, 2021.
- New Nigeria pipelines to be funded by transport tariff, World Pipelines, 4 Dec. 2017.
- NNPC Completes 539km of Gas Pipeline Projects, NNPC press release, 21 Nov. 2017.