Quwo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Quwo power station (华电山西曲沃和信煤电一体化项目) was a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
The map below shows Linfen city, the approximate location of the proposed plant.
Background on Plant
Shanxi Hexin Electricity Development Co and Shanxi Linfen Municipal Government have signed a "strategic cooperation framework agreement" for construction of a 1,200 MW coal-fired power station in the city of Linfen.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Hexin Electricity Development Co
- Parent company: China Huadian (70%), National Energy Investment Group (30%)
- Location: Quwo-Linfen, Quwo county, Linfen city, Shanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 36.083333, 111.516667 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1&2: 600 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华电山西能源公司签署曲沃煤电一体化项目," 国资委网站, August 20, 2010
- http://linfen.house.qq.com/a/20140121/000004_1.htm "曲沃“六个推进”加快转型跨越步伐,"] Linfen News, 2014-01-21
- "郭惠勇会见华电山西能源有限公司副总经理宋伟一行," 2012-02-23