RAK power station
RAK power station is a proposed 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Ras al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates.
The map below shows Ras al-Khaimah, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In October 2012, Utico signed a deal with Shanghai Electric, a Chinese maker of power generation and electrical equipment, to build a 270-MW power station in RAK Maritime City for US$408 million.
As of May 2018 there are no news that the construction contract has been awarded or that construction has begun. Plans appear to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Utico
- Parent company: Ghantoot Group
- Location: Khorkhowir, Ras al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
- Coordinates: 25.8369774, 55.9725952 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 270 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Articles and resources
- "New power and water projects launch in RAK," Oxford Business Group, August 8, 2014
- "Key UAE Projects to be awarded in the next 6 months," MEED projects, Sep 2014
- "Utico powers up responsible development in RAK," Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone, June 30, 2015