Rabigh 2 IPP power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Rabigh 2 IPP power station is an operating 2,058-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the power station in Rabigh, Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia.
In 2013, ACWA Power company announced development plans for the Rabigh 2 Independent Power Project (IPP) and financing agreements between the Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) and Al-Murjan for Electricity Production Company.
The combined cycle power plant is configured in three blocks, each comprising two gas turbines, two heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), and one triple pressure steam turbine.
In December 2017, Al Mourjan for Electricity Production Company broke a safety record while finishing construction of the plant. They began operating soon after and reported selling electricity in Q2 2018.
- Sponsor: Al-Mourjan for Electricity Production Company
- Parent company: ACWA Power Development [37.5%]; Samsung C&T Corporation [12.5%]; Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) [50%]
- Location: 130 Km north of Jeddah adjacent to the Rabigh IPP, Rabigh, Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia
- Coordinates: 22.628931, 39.046689 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 2,058 MW
Articles and Resources
- Rabigh 2 IPPAl Mourjan, ACWA Power website, accessed Feb 13, 2020
- Projects Rabigh 2 IPP, ACWA website, accessed Feb 13 2020
- Rabigh 2 project finance deal: ACWA Power marks milestone, Arab News, Dec 13 2013
- المرجان لإنتاج الكهرباء» تسجل رقما قياسيا بإنجاز 26 مليون ساعة عمل آمنة دون وقوع أي إصابات, صحيفة الاقتصادية, Jan 2 2018
- Quarterly Financial Statements 2018-Q2, Saudi Electricity Company website, Jul 29, 2018
- Rabigh 2 IPP ACWA Power, accessed August 12, 2020
- Rabigh-2 Combined Cycle Power Plant, Power Technology, accessed Feb 13 2020