Radhikapur (West) coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Radhikapur (West) coal mine is a proposed mine, owned by Vedanta, a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources Limited, to produce 6 million ton-per-annum, in Nuapada, Chhendipada, Angul, Odisha, India.
The map below shows the exact location of the Radhikapur (West) coal block, in Nuapada, Chhendipada, Angul, Odisha, India.
Background on Mine
The Indian government auctioned the Radhikapur (West) coal block in November 2020 with Vedanta placing the winning bid.
- Sponsor: Vedanta 
- Parent company: Vedanta Resources Limited
- Location: Nuapada, Chhendipada, Angul, Odisha, India
- Coordinates: 20.983213, 84.883482
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 6 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable Reserves: 312 million tonnes
- Mine Depth: 275 m (maximum)
- Mine Size: 10.29 km2
- In service: TBD
- Coal type: Subbituminous
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- MSTC E-Commerce, Radhikapur (West) Block Summary, accessed November 2020