Rairakhol power station
Rairakhol power station is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Odisha, India.
The map below shows the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
As of June 2019 there has been no further progress, and it appears the project is abandoned.
- Sponsor: Visaka Thermal Power
- Parent company:
- Location: Dimirimunda, Samsingha & Mahulamunda villages, Rairakhol taluk, Sambalpur district, Odisha
- Coordinates: 20.667, 84.333 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1,320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Terms of reference, India MoEF, May 13 2011; Request for terms of reference extension, Feb 11, 2014; Form 1, India MoEF, Feb 11, 2015