Rajpura Dariba Mine power station
Rajpura Dariba Mine power station is a 160-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Rajasthan, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the mine near the city of Udaipur.
Background on Plant
In 2009 Wärtsilä received a contract to build the 160 MW capacity power plant in Rajpura Dariba, near Udaipur in Rajasthan, as part of Hindustan Zinc’s Phase-III expansion plans. When fully completed, the power plant will supply electricity to the Rajpura Dariba Mines mining and smelting complex. The first phase of the power project is expected to be commissioned on March 1, 2010 and the final phase by August 2010.
- Sponsor: Hindustan Zinc
- Parent company: Vedanta Resources
- Developer: Wärtsilä
- Location: Rajpura Dariba mine, Rajsamand district, Rajasthan
- Coordinates: 24.9477755, 74.1316223 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Unit 1: 80 MW
- Unit 2: 80 MW
- Start date: 2011
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Resources and articles
- "Wärtsilä contracted to operate and maintain coal fired power plant in India," Wärtsilä press release, November 2009.