Raneri power station
Raneri power station is a proposed 150-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Rajasthan, India.
The map below shows Bikaner, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In 2005 it was reported that KSK Ventures was setting up a 150 MW lignite coal power project in Rajasthan, at a cost of Rs. 7,500 million. A new company - Marudhar Power Private Ltd - was floated to implement the project. As of July 2005, the central government had allocated captive lignite blocks for the proposed power project.
In 2009 KSK Ventures reported that the acquisition of certain land acquired by the Government of Rajasthan for the mine and power station had been challenged in the High Court of Rajasthan.
- Sponsor: Marudhar Power
- Parent company:
- Location: Bikaner city, Rajasthan
- Coordinates: 28.016667, 73.311944 (approximate)
- Unit 1: 75 MW
- Unit 2: 75 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Coal Source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Resources and articles
- "Marudhar Power’s 150 MW Lignite Power Project in Rajasthan," New Projects India, accessed June 2014.
- "KSK Energy Ventures Limited," 2009.