Torbat-Haidarieh Combined-Cycle power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Torbat-Haidarieh Combined-Cycle power station, also known as Rashed Torbat-e Heydarieh Power Plant or Rashed Combined Cycle Power Plant, is a 546-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Torbat-e Heydarieh, Razavi Khorasan province, Iran.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station 12 kilometers northeast of Torbat-e Heydarieh city, in Razavi Khorasan province, Iran.
According to MAPNA Group:
- "A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the 546-MW Rashed combined cycle power plant in Torbat-e Heydarieh, Razavi Khorasan Province, on January 31, 2019, in attendance of Minister of Power Reza Ardakanian. Rashed Combined Cycle Power Plant consists of two 183-MW gas-fired units, powered by MAPNA Group's MAP2B turbines, and a steam turbine with a nominal capacity of 180 MWs. The power plant will have an overall power of 546 MWs upon completion."
- The project will enjoy a funding of 310 million euros. 215 million dollars will be supplied by the National Development Fund, and the remainder will come from the project investor, Rashed Torbat-e-Heydarieh Electrical Company.
- The power plant aims to supply a stable source of electricity for Razavi Khorasan Province, and can serve as a hub for electricity export to neighboring countries. The project is slated for operation in 36 months.
- MAPNA Power Plants Construction & Development Company (MD-1) will serve as EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) contractor of the project.
- The two gas-fired units of the power plant are planned for synchronization to the national grid by the peak demand of 2021. Rashed Torbat-e-Heydarieh Electrical Company, the investor of the project, is a subsidiary of Tamin-e Atieh Company."
- Sponsor: Rashed Torbat-e-Heydarieh Electrical Company
- Parent company: MAPNA Group [60%]; Noorsakht Atrak Holding [26%]; Tamin-e Atieh Company [14.%]
- Location: Torbat-e Haidarieh, Razavi Khorasan province, Iran
- Coordinates: 35.37002, 59.30479 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 546 MW
- Unit 1: Gas-fired combined cycle, 546 MW (start-up in 2021)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 500 MW
- Unit 2: Gas-fired combined-cycle, 500 MW (start-up year not found)
Articles and Resources
- نیروگاه سیکل ترکیبی راشد تربت حیدریه بهار آینده وارد مدار میشود/ عدم صادرات برق نیروگاه در فاز اول, Sobhtoos, Jul 28, 2020
- احداث نیروگاه راشد تربت حیدریه معطل تامین اعتبار, Khorasan News, accessed Jul 29, 2021
- MAPNA Group Groundbreaking Ceremony for Rashed Torbat-e Heydarieh Power Plant press release, Feb 2, 2019
- تولید برق راشد تربت حیدریه, , accessed Jul 29, 2021
- زمان احداث پروژه نیروگاه سیکل ترکیبی راشد ۳۶ ماه است, ILNA News, Mar 12, 2019
- معرفی شرکت های تابعه, Tamin Atieh Company, accessed Jul 29, 2021
- شرکت تولید برق راشد تربت حیدریه, Khorasan Renewable Energy Company, accessed Jul 29, 2021
- Rashed Powerplant, Google Maps, accessed Jul 29, 2021