Torbat-Haidarieh Combined-Cycle power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Torbat-Haidarieh Combined-Cycle power station also known as Rashed Torbat-e Heydarieh Power Plant is a 546-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of November 2019) in Torbat-e Heydarieh, Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station 12 kilometers northeast of Torbat-e Heydarieh city, in the Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran.
According to MAPNA Group:
- "A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the 546-MW Rashed combined cycle power plant in Torbat-e Heydarieh, Razavi Khorasan Province, on January 31, 2019, in attendance of Minister of Power Reza Ardakanian. Rashed Combined Cycle Power Plant consists of two 183-MW gas-fired units, powered by MAPNA Group's MAP2B turbines, and a steam turbine with a nominal capacity of 180 MWs. The power plant will have an overall power of 546 MWs upon completion."
- The project will enjoy a funding of 310 million euros. 215 million dollars will be supplied by the National Development Fund, and the remainder will come from the project investor, Rashed Torbat-e-Heydarieh Electrical Company.
- The power plant aims to supply a stable source of electricity for Razavi Khorasan Province, and can serve as a hub for electricity export to neighboring countries. The project is slated for operation in 36 months.
- MAPNA Power Plants Construction & Development Company (MD-1) will serve as EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) contractor of the project.
- The two gas-fired units of the power plant are planned for synchronization to the national grid by the peak demand of 2021. Rashed Torbat-e-Heydarieh Electrical Company, the investor of the project, is a subsidiary of Tamin-e Atieh Company."
- Sponsor: Rashed Torbat-e-Heydarieh Electrical Company
- Parent company: Tamin-e Atieh Company
- Location: Torbat-e Haidarieh, Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran
- Coordinates: 35.367542, 59.306327 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 546 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 546 MW (2021)
Articles and Resources
- MAPNA GroupGroundbreaking Ceremony for Rashed Torbat-e Heydarieh Power Plant press release, Feb 2, 2019