Rasht power station
Rasht power station was a proposed 350-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Tajikistan.
The map below shows Rasht district, the approximate location for the proposed power station.
Background on Plant
In October 2015, China’s Norinco International Cooperation and Tajikistan’s State Committee on Investment and State-owned Property Management (GosKomInvest) said they planned to sign an agreement to build two coal-fired power-generating boilers with a total capacity of 350 megawatt in the Rasht district of eastern Tajikistan.
However, there have been no developments since the announcement, and plans appear to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: Norinco International Cooperation Ltd
- Parent company: Norinco International Cooperation Ltd
- Location: Rasht district, Region of Republican Subordination, Tajikistan
- Coordinates: 39.167867, 70.440185 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 350 MW (Units 1&2: 175 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Articles and resources
- "Chinese company expected to build the coal-powered heat and power plant in Rasht," Asia-Plus, October 8, 2015