Rayalaseema Thermal Power Project
Rayalaseema Thermal Power Project is a 1,650-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Rayalseema village, Yerraguntla taluk.
Rayalaseema Thermal Power Project is a 1050 megawatt (MW) coal plant in Muddanur, Cuddapah, district, Andhra Pradesh, India, operated by by Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation (APGENCO). It comprises 5 units, each 210 MW, built between 1994 and 2010:
- Unit 1 - 210 MW - 1994
- Unit 2 - 210 MW - 1995
- Unit 3 - 210 MW - 2007
- Unit 4 - 210 MW - 2007
- Unit 5 - 210 MW - 2010
- Unit 6 - 600 MW - 2018
Proposed 600 MW expansion (Unit 6)
APGENCO is currently building an additional 600 MW unit at the same location. On October 13, 2010, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) announced an order for design, engineering, manufacturing, supply, erection and commissioning of the project. According to the Central Electricity Authority, the project will be completed in July 2014.
Unit 6 was commissioned in March 2018.
Project Details for Unit 6
Sponsor: Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation
Location: Rayalseema village, Yerraguntla taluk, Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh
Coordinates: 14.697282, 78.459364 (exact)
Capacity: 600 MW
Start year: 2018
Coal Source: Mahanadi Coal Fields
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing: Power Finance Corporation
Permits: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Oct 21, 2010
Articles and resources
- "Rayala Seema (RTPP) Coal Power Station India," Global Energy Observatory, accessed March 2012
- "India Central Electricity Authority Monthly Report," India Central Electricity Authority, December 2010.
- "Projects Under Development," APGENCO, accessed March 2012
- "BHEL has received an order from M/s APGENCO," Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd announcement, October 14, 2010
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, September 2012
- "REC, PFC to give Rs 7,800-crore loan to AP power projects," Business Standard, June 27, 2014.
- "AP set to be power-surplus state," Times of India, Dec 23, 2015
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, July 2016
- “Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country,” India Ministry of Power, Sep 2017
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, November 2017
- "Installed capacity," India CEA, 31.03.2018
Related GEM.wiki articles