Red Oak power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Red Oak power station is an 821-megawatt (MW) natural gas power station in the state of New Jersey, United States.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Sayreville, United States.
- Owner: Red Oak Power, LLC [100%]
- Parent: Morgan Stanley [100%]
- Location: Sayreville, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
- Coordinates: 40.4487, -74.3489 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 821 MW
Announced in September of 2013 and completed in November of the same year, the private equity firm Carlyle Group acquired Red Oak Power. More information about this deal can be found on GEM's "Carlyle's Private Equity Investments" Wiki page.
According to a report from the Environment New Jersey & Research Policy Center, Red oak puts out 1,927,460 metric tons of carbon pollution yearly. Additionally, Red Oak was named of the “Five worst polluting power plants in the state.” Another Carlyle-owned plant, Bayonne, ranked number 4 for the highest air emissions in New Jersey in 2014, and ranked 1,285th nationally.
Articles and Resources
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Form EIA-860 detailed data with previous form data (EIA-860A/860B), 2018". Archived from the original on November 16, 2019. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "documents.dps.ny.gov/public/Common/ViewDoc.aspx?DocRefId=%7B1BF4A057-27CD-496E-833A-201256E8D02C%7D". Archived from the original on September 17, 2021.
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (November 2019)". Archived from the original on June 12, 2020. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "The Carlyle Group to Acquire Six Power Plants in California, New Jersey". ir.carlyle.com. 9/9/2013. Retrieved 5/23/2022. Check date values in:
- "Red Oak Power". Ecpgp.com. Retrieved 2022-5-24. Check date values in:
- Nelson, Lloyd (2013-9-12). "Sayerville power plant named one of state's worst polluters, according to report". nj,com. Retrieved 2022-6-3. Check date values in:
- "Study finds about 100 super polluters are fouling the air we breathe". Courier News and Home Tribune. Retrieved 2022-06-03.