Reeves Plains power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Reeves Plains, the state of South Australia, Australia.
In July 2017, Alinta Energy reported it was "drafting a development application for a six-turbine natural-gas-fired plant at Reeves Plains, although it says the first stage will likely result in a 100 to 150MW plant with up to three turbines."
The government approved the plan on February 16, 2018.
The power station was originally expected to take 12 months to build, and be commissioned in January 2019. An extension of time request granted an additional 12 months in February 2019, but as of November 2019, the Alinta board had not yet decided to make the investment.
The project was one of 12 projects shortlisted in March 2019 from 66 registrations of interest in the Australian Government's Underwriting New Generation Investments program, for which "the government is committed to progressing negotiations with a significant number of shortlisted projects by the end of 2019".
- Sponsor: Alinta Energy
- Parent company: Chow Tai Fook Enterprises Limited
- Location: Reeves Plains, the state of South Australia, Australia
- Coordinates: -34.5238, 138.6121 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 300 MW
Articles and Resources
- National Electricity Market (NEM) Generation information, Australian Electricity Market Operator (AEMO), published January 31, 2020.
- Sowaibah Hanifie, Alinta Energy drafting plans for 300MW power plant north of Adelaide, ABC News, Jul 14, 2017.
- Adam Langenberg, Alinta Energy gas-fired power plant approved day before Government went to polls, The Advertiser, Mar 15, 2018.
- Bec |last=O'Brien, Plains power plant play - Alinta's plans for $450m facility near Mallala, Plains Producer, Jun 21 2017.
- Reeves Plains Power Station Proposal, Alinta Energy, accessed November 15, 2019.
- Underwriting New Generation Investments program, Australian Department of the Environment and Energy, March 26, 2019, accessed Nov 15, 2019
- Who We Are Alinta Energy, accessed February 2020
- "Alinta Energy sold to Hong Kong's Chow Tai Fook Enterprises for about $4 billion" Sydney Morning Herald, March 16, 2017
- Google Maps
Wikipedia also has an article on Reeves Plains Power Station (Reeves Plains Power Station). This article may use content from the Wikipedia article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License].