Refinería Sebastopol power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Refinería Sebastopol power station (Central Termoeléctrica Refinería Sebastopol) is a 135-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station under construction in Antioquia department, Colombia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Puerto Berrío, Antioquia department, Colombia.
- Sponsor: Refinería Colombiana Sebastopol S.A.S.
- Parent company: VIP Group International
- Location: Puerto Berrío, Antioquia, Colombia
- Coordinates: 6.4814, -74.4088 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 135 MW
The Sebastopol Refinery power station is expected to cost $400 million and will be a private sector project. Construction on the plant began in 2020 and commercial operations are expected to begin at the center- which includes the Sebastopol refinery, river port, industrial park, and hydrogen production facility- in 2023. The Magdalena River will be used as the the route of both import and exports from the facility.
Articles and Resources
- "Refineria Colombiana Sebastopol S A S". Dun & Bradstreet. Archived from the original on May 20, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- "Refinería Sebastopol iniciará su construcción en 2020 y estará lista antes de finalizar 2023". Diario La República. August 5, 2019. Archived from the original on May 20, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- "Colombia se apresta a construir refinería de US$6.000mn". BNamericas. Archived from the original on May 20, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- "Sebastopol, la nueva refinería que tendrá Colombia". Oil Channel. September 26, 2019. Archived from the original on May 20, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- "BNamericas - The key projects in Latin America's US$22bn ..." BNamericas.com. Retrieved 2021-06-29.
- "$6bn private-sector "energy hub" to break ground in Colombia next year - News - GCR". www.globalconstructionreview.com. Retrieved 2021-06-29.