Richard Sandor is the Chairman and Chief Executive of the Chicago Climate Exchange, which describes itself as "the world's first and North America’s only active voluntary, legally binding integrated trading system to reduce emissions of all six major greenhouse gases (GHGs), with offset projects worldwide."
Philosophy of Richard Sandor
A participant in a meeting between founder Richard Sandor and 40 potential investors described Sandor's philosophy as follows:
- Richard Sandler believes that the capital markets can solve global warming and make money doing it. He explained his theory on wealth creation, which grew out of the economic situation in the 1960’s. He said that fifty years ago, wealth was concentrated in the manufacturing industry. He explained that the ‘70’s were about commodities and then in the 80’s the market moved into the commoditization of financial products such as interest rates and derivatives. In the 90’s, he said, the commodities of information like Google and Yahoo ruled. What does he say about the 21st century? He believes that wealth will be created in the commoditization of air and water.
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Accra Climate Change Talks 2008
- Clean Development Mechanism
- Emissions Trading
- Joint Implementation
- Kyoto Protocol
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- "World Carbon Standards to Relax - CCX Head", Reuters, September 15, 2008.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|