Riedersbach power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Austria and coal.|
Riedersbach power station is a 165-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station located in Ostermiething, Austria. It has been retired.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Duernrohr.
Unit 1 was 55 MW and began operating in 1969. Unit 2 is 165 MW and began operating in 1986. The plant is owned by Energie AG.
Unit 2 was retired in March 2016. Energie AG said they plan to build a gas plant at the site.
- Sponsor: Energie AG Oberösterreich
- Parent company: Energie AG
- Location: Ostermiething, Braunau am Inn, Upper Austria, Austria
- Coordinates: 48.031769, 12.843122 (exact)
- Status: Retired
- Capacity: 55 MW (Unit 1), 165 MW (Unit 2)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 1969 (Unit 1), 1986 (unit 2)
- Retired date: 2010 (Unit 1), 2016 (Unit 2)
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Coal- and Lignite-Fired Plants in Austria," Industcards, accessed Mar 2016
- "Letzte Tonne Kohle verfeuert: Ende der Kohleverstromung am Standort Riedersbach," Energie AG, March 23, 2016
- "Austria to close coal plants by 2025, worth up to 1.5m tCO2e," ICIS, 23 November 2015