Right Fork Splint
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Right Fork Splint Mine is a surface mine in Harlan County, Kentucky.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Until 2017 the mine was operated by Coalgood Operations, a subsidiary of Alpha Natural Resources. After Alpha declared bankruptcy in 2015, Coalgood was acquired by JRL coal which started operating the mine directly in 2017.
From 2019 to 2020, the mine experienced a stark decline in coal production from 0.3 million tons to around 70 thousand tons. In the same time period, the number of employees fell to 26 from 70.
- MSHA id: 1518423
- Operator: JRL Coal, INC.
- Controller: Tim B. Lusby
- Location: Coalgood, Harlan County, KY
- Coordinates:36.812586, -83.251763(Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 313,830 (2019), 39,585(2020)
- Total Reserves:
- Number of Employees:70(2019), 26(2020)
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- U.S. department of labor, MSHA, Mine Data Retrieval System, accessed June 11, 2021
- Vardi, Nathan (Aug 3, 2015). "U.S. Coal Company Alpha Natural Resources Files For Bankruptcy". Forbes. Retrieved June 11, 2021.
- "About Us". JRL COAL. Retrieved June 11, 2021.