Riyadh City-13 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Riyadh City-13 power station (also called Riyadh PP13 Combined Cycle Power Plant) is a 1,960-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of June 2019) in Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Dhurma - Riyadh, Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia.
In 2013, GE signed a contract with Saudi Electricity Company to provide the turbines and other equipment for PP13.
In 2015, GAMA Power Systems signed a contract to build the power plant.. The plan was to install 6 Gas Turbines, 2 Steam Turbines, and associated equipment. In June 2019, the plant was expected to be operational later in 2019. However, in late 2019, PowerChina took over the construction contract.
- Sponsor: Saudi Electricity Company (SEC)
- Parent company: Saudi Electricity Company (SEC)
- Location: Next to PP11 and PP12 at Dhurma - Riyadh, Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia
- Coordinates: 24.785004, 45.621599 (exact)
- Fuel: Natural gas
- Gross capacity (under construction): 1,960 MW
- Unit 1: 987 MW combined-cycle
- Unit 2: 987 MW combined-cycle
Articles and Resources
- 1800 MW PP13 Combined Cycle Power Plant, GAMA, June 2019
- GE Wins nearly $700 Million Contract from Saudi Electricity Company to Help Meet Saudi Arabia's Growing Power Needs, GE website, Nov 26, 2013
- GAMA signs contract for PP13 in Saudi Arabia, Gas to Power Journal, Jul 10, 2015
- POWERCHINA signs power plant project in Saudi Arabia, PowerChina website, Dec 9, 2019
- Google Maps, accessed August 12, 2020
- PC Contract for Sales Gas Delivery System for PP13 Power Plant at Dhurma-Riyadh, M-AL Barghash Company, accessed August 12, 2020