Riyadh City-14 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Riyadh City-14 power station (also called Riyadh PP14 Combined Cycle Power Plant) is an operating 272-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, located in Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia. It has additional units under construction to reach a planned final capacity of 1,632 MW.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Dhurma - Riyadh, Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia.
In 2013, GE signed a contract with Saudi Electricity Company to provide the turbines and other equipment for PP14.
In September 2019, operators fired up "the first gas turbine and generator unit".
- Sponsor: Saudi Electricity Company (SEC)
- Parent company: Saudi Electricity Company (SEC)
- Location: south of Riyadh, Ar Riyad Region, Saudi Arabia
- Coordinates: 24.6124, 46.1518 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (operating): 272 MW
- Gas turbine unit 1: 272 MW (started 2019)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 1,360 MW
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- GE Wins nearly $700 Million Contract from Saudi Electricity Company to Help Meet Saudi Arabia's Growing Power Needs, GE website, Nov 26, 2013
- David Knott, SEC Fires Up First Unit At PP14, MEES, Sep 13 2019
- Riyadh PP14 Combined Cycle Power Plant, Construction Week Online, Oct 16, 2018